I'm totally joining the 2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge, hosted by Evie @ Bookish! I love reading ARCs and all that but a lot of books I just want to read have fallen by the wayside because of this. So, I'm pledged to work on my TBR list and want to make it to tier "Married With Children" in the challenge. Or at least try to. I even have a plan of action! I'm going to read one ARC, then read a TBR book, and switch off like that.
We all have those books. We buy them, win them, they're gifted to us.. Then we put them up on a bookshelf and there they stay, collecting dust, waiting for the time when we'll finally decide to pick them up..
Join us on a quest to dust off your TBR Pile and read all the books you've been telling yourself you'll read next time you'll get a chance.. This is your chance! And we've got PRIZES!!! :D
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 - Dec 31, 2013.
- Anyone can enter! You don't have to be a blogger, as long as you review the book you've read! (On your blog, Amazon or Goodreads/Shelfari!)
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2012 and earlier! NO 2013 ARCs and 2013 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 TBR PILE Reading Challenge. (If you don't have a blog, post about it on Facebook or Tweet!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2013, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- On the 20th of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it's unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It's open to INTERNATIONALS. The giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up! (i.e. the entire month)
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice - we will be checking ;)
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you'll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway - a box of books.
- You don't have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!Levels:
(how many books you're planning to read for this challenge in 2013)1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
31-40 - Love At First Sight
41-50 - Married With Children
For more information check out the host post, Evie @ Bookish
Below is an extremely tentative list of books I want to read for this challenge, just to give you an idea of what I've missed out on.
- Ephemera series by Anne Bishop
- Moirin Trilogy by Jacqueline Carey
- Rain Wild Chronicles by Robin Hobb
- Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult
- The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Demon Cycle by Peter V. Brett
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Tilt by Ellen Hopkins
- Paraol Protectorate by Gail Carriger
- The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
- Desert Rice by Angela Scott
- Transcend by Christine Fonseca
- Keeper of the Light series by Dejana Vuletic
- Black City by Elizabeth Richards
- Velveteen by Daniel Marks
- The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefater
- Elemental by Antony John
- The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne
- Rizzoli & Isles by Tess Gerritsen
- Showtime by Cloe Kayne
- The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress
- City of Dark Magic by Magnus Flyte
- Anna Karenina
- Grimspace by Anne Aguirre
- Origin by Jessica Khoury
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
- Rootless by Chris Howard
- The Fox's Mask by Anna Frost
- Forge of Darkness by Steven Erikson
- Finding ELE by Rebecca Gober & Courtney Nuckels
- Matt Archer Monster Hunter by Kendra C. Highley
- Night Angel series by Brent Weeks
- Elemental Assasin series by Jennifer Estep
- Night Marchers series by Rebecca Gober & Courtney Nuckels
- Greta and the Goblin King by Chloe Jacobs
- Legend series by Marie Lu
- Causal Enchantment series by K.A. Tucker
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Lanin Taylor
- City of Bones
- Clockwork Angel
- The Luxe
- Rot & Ruin
......and the list goes on and on and on and on...