I've read quite a few Indie authors last year. There's several on my TBR list right now and a lot of the ARCs I recieve for review are from Indie authors. I support Indie authors and their efforts to get their books out there. (Doesn't mean I give out all glowing reviews or anything like that.)
My favorite book last year, Project ELE was by indie authors Rebecca Gober & Courtney Nuckels. (Once my new blog design goes live, I'll actually be doing a giveaway with them.)
This is why I'm signing up for this challenge. I'm sure I can at least get Amateur level. I'm definitely going to read the rest of the ELE series and the Nightmarches Series. Those two series alone puts me at the cusp of the next level. I look forward to promoting Indie authors and finding more by reading everyone's reviews.
This challenge is hosted by Book Reviews by DDS. Here's the information and check out the DDS's post to sign up today!
How it works:1. Read and Review as many Indie Books as possible during this year.
2. You do not have to be a blogger to participate. However, you have to post a review on some site in order to participate. It can be on Goodreads and/or Amazon and/or Barnes & Noble and/or Smashwords.
3. If you are a blogger link up your permalink to the review posts. If you aren't a blogger, then link up the permalink to your reviews from whichever site you have chosen to post the review on.
4. The books can overlap with other reading challenges.
5. Books read may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
6. Post your links to your reviews each month to share with other participants.
7. The challenge runs from January 1, 2013 to December 1, 2013. Sign ups will be open till 30th November'2013
How To Sign-Up and Join In:
1. Choose a challenge level listed below.
2. Create a post on your blog, in a group, or on a forum (where possible) to let others see what you’re aiming for (a predefined list of Authors/Books is optional).
3. Grab the badge and place it in your sign up post. Then link back to b00k r3vi3ws.
4. Grab the direct URL to your sign up post, not your blog, click the Linky List and enter your link.
5. Once you review a book it would be great for you to share them by submitting them on the Review List.
7. When you’re done it’s completion post time and you can share these on the completion/wrap-up List.
Amateur : Choose to read & review 4 - 8 Indie Books
Lover : Choose to read & review 9 - 16 Indie Books
Expert : Choose to read & review 17 - 28 Indie Books
Fanatic : Choose to read & review 28 or above Indie Books