#ArmchairBEA Introduction Post

Brooke Banks | 6:00 AM | |
Armchair BEA

Hello everyone! My name is Brooke Banks and this is my first every Armchair BEA.

My very first blog post was here, The Broke Book Bank, was waaay back in November of 2012. I’ve taken some time out and been sporadic at best, but I have been keeping up with my Goodreads account no problem.

With that little intro out of the way here’s my answers for the following questions.




1. Do you have a favorite book? 

My favorite book is a tough one. However, my favorite series EVER is Robin Hobb’s < a href=https://www.goodreads.com/series/54099-realms-of-the-elderlings>Ream of the Elderlings. I have a hard time picking just one because they are all the absolute best. If I rated every other book against them, I’d rarely rate another 5 stars.

2. What is your favorite genre and why?

My favorite genre is easily Fantasy for well, the fantasy! I love magic, dragons, and being transported to different lands. Its creative ingenuity is something I envy and admire.

But I read so many different genres I can’t leave it there. SO here’s the rest of what I read ranked:
2.) Science fiction: especially dystopians and cyberpunk and Paranormal
3.) Contemporary. This was hard to place 3rd but since I usually go for hard topics, they can be triggering and draining. As much as I enjoy them, I don’t read as much of them because they can hit me so hard personally.
4.) Mystery, Suspense, Thrillers, Horror
5.) Historical
6.) Romance. This genre is usually best as a sub-genre for me though I’ve found some pure romance I’ve enjoyed.

4. Which day of ABEA are you looking forward to the most?


Honestly the first day because it’s focusing on Diversity In Books. It’s such an important topic and I can’t wait to hear people’s thoughts and hopefully find new great ways to support this cause as blogger.

The second day I’m looking forward to most is day 3 for Beyond the Books because I’ll get to share my favorite web comics and find new ones.

After that comes the giveaway and fantasy worlds, of course!

5. If you could create a playlist that reflects your bookshelf, what would be the first song you choose? (You can include more than one if you want :D)

This question I picked because it was different and would be a challenge. I was torn. Since I decided to try different songs out while writing, I eventually made a whole playlist of favorite songs with fitting titles. But after much deliberation I managed to narrow it down a bit.


The best songs to describe my bookshelf are: (in no particular order)
Medicine by Pretty Reckless

because that describes how messy and dependent I am on books.

Sum of Our Parts by Mary Lambert

because my books are a mish-mash of genres won from giveaways coming together and it reflects how books (particular my favorites) have helped me through a lot of bullshit.

If you’re interested here’s the full list of what I ended up jamming to last night:


6. How do you arrange your bookshelves? Is there a rhyme or reason? Or not at all? (#ABEAShelfie)


Unfortunately, I have a very small place to display my books so it’s rather chaotic. The only real reason to it is: My Favorites and Reading Next have their own shelves. After I read a book, it stays on computer desk until I’m done reviewing it. Then if it’s a favorite, it goes back on my shelf; if not, it goes into a box for closet storage. It makes me so sad to put them away but I’m not easy on my books (they don’t go easy on me either!) and I just don’t have the space necessary for them all.

And this is why you get no Shelfie from me

7. What book are you most excited for on your TBR? What are you most intimidated by?


Most Anticipated: Assassin’s Fate by Robbin Hobb and I’ve got quite a while more to wait for it :(

And I warned you about measuring against Hobb, lol. With another book on the way, no one else compares for me. :D

That's all from me for now. I can't wait to read everyone else's answers!


2 comments:

  1. I've never read Robin Hobb, but clearly I need to do something about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, yeah! I recommend them to everyone but of course, check out the reviews first. If you do read them, please let me know, I'd love to talk about them!

    Thank you for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...