[Meme T.T.T.] Freebie Week: Books I Loved But Never Reviewed & Can't Believe I Haven't Read It

Brooke Banks | 12:30 AM | |

Hosted by the fabulous The Broke and The Bookish. This week being a freebie I went cruising through old TTT posts. Because I’m indecisive and the questions are great, I picked two. First up:

I Loved But Never Reviewed


Since I haven’t been reviewing that long, there’s a fair amount of books that qualify for this. However, I’m keeping it simple with my absolute favs from the birth of my Goodreads account. I am going to work on doing more Throwback Thursday/Backlist Monday posts to chip away at this list. With that in mind, I’m keeping it to 5 hoping I’ll get to these and more soon.

  1. Harry Potter series. Probably never going to review these though because what can I add? Plus, it’s been so damn long.
  2. The Lord of the Rings. See above ^
  3. Mistborn series. Mostly like the previous entries, only it feels more fresh in mind and I hope to write up something someday.
  4. Kushiel’s Universe. Same as #3
  5. Black Jewels. Ditto ^

All of these I read before reviewing, which makes me feel a bit better but there’s one series I want to note that I read during my hiatus: The Abhorsen Series by Garth Nix. So, so much love for this series. The latest book I’ve read, Clariel I did add some notes:
I fucking love this series. Every goddamn thing about it.
I was so wrapped up in Clariel, I didn't think for a second who she'd become later. Then I read the first sentence of the afterword, which dropped the bomb.
Oh.
OH.
OHHHHHHHHHH.
OH. MY. GOD.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

I’m so fucking eloquent, ya'll.

Now for the really fun list that makes me feel terrible and yet happy because I have all these books to look forward to!

I Can’t Believe I Haven’t Read:


Because Peer Pressure:


Confession: I've never read a Jane Austen novel...
Last classic I'm going to list because I've only read like 9 of them total so...

Because Popular & Sounds Great:


I’m a feminist and I feel lacking not having read it. Plus, there’s a controversy around it apparently. Can’t weigh in when I haven’t read it.
Now it’s hard to deal with other books claiming to be the next Gone Girl when you haven’t even read THAT yet.


Because I love the authors:


Never read a book of his that I didn't love.
Literally the first two books listed on my TBR. Sitting for 5 years now, ffs.

Because I LOVE Dragons:


I want this as a book flower.


Because What Have I Been Doing With My Life?!!?







What do you think of my choices? Any picks of your own? Comment with your TTT post and I'll comment back!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...