My First Feature & Follow Post: My ALL TIME Favorite Book

Brooke Banks | 6:00 AM | |




Feature & Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. I've been meaning to join in this for so long but I let my anxiety hold me back. No longer! This week's prompt is....
What is your ALL TIME favorite book?
This is such a hard question, especially my tops are series and it's impossible to pluck one out when it's whole experience I adore.

Since I don't want to cheat by picking on of those, here's my favorite standalone book of all time.

Black Beauty by Anna Sewell



Genre: Classic
Age: YA
Format: PB, 264 pgs.
Rating: 5 Stars
Recommendable? YES!!
Black Beauty is a colt who narrates his own life story, from his youth on farms in England to his days as a horse pulling cabs in the streets of London and his retirement to the British countryside. Over the years, he is sold to variety of different owners, some kind and others less considerate. His life, which is made up of both light and dark experiences, is a constant education in the way that people and people and animals interact with one another.

First published in 1877, Black Beauty is one of the best-selling books of all time and a classic of children's literature. This exquisite edition is distinguished by the delightful full-color plates and line drawings of Lucy Kemp-Welch. It features an elegant bonded-leather binding, a satin-ribbon bookmark, distinctive stained edging, and decorative endpapers. It's a book that will be cherished by readers of all ages.





This is one of the few classics I not only enjoy but love. I first read it as a picture book, which I cannot find online for the life of me, and continued to the full novel quickly after.

Since I read it so young and so long after it changed England and America's treatment of horses, I can't say it changed my views on the subjects portrayed. But it did leave a lasting impression. I can vividly remember so much about this book even after all this time, it's amazing.

 I will never forget you, Black Beauty.


7 comments:

  1. Great choice! I cheated lol. I chose two series. Psy-changeling by NAlini Singh and Lucky Harbor by Jill Shalvis.
    New Bloglovin' and GFC follower!
    Check out my Feature and Follow
    ~Priyanka

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ever read that. Going to have to sometime lol.

    New GFC follower :)
    My #FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I ever read that. I definitely saw the movie, but I never read the book. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I commented and followed back. :D

    I Hope you get to read Black Beauty soon, I've added several of yours on my TBR too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to #FF! Aw, I loved Black Beauty when I was young -- it may have have been the birth of my love for horses, which remains to this day!

    Also, your site is adorable! Love it.

    Following on Bloglovin!

    Heather
    http://bloodthirstymuses.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I need to go and read Black Beauty right now!

    Here’s my FF

    Following you through GFC and Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pick I haven't read the book or seen the movie of Black Beauty but I have heard great things about them. Here is my #FFF. New follower on Twitter and Bloglovin

    http://katibookaholicrambligreview.blogspot.com/2016/06/featured-follow-friday-32-book-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...