#SummerBookBlogChallenge Week 1: Goals, Reading List & Fantasy Vacation

Brooke Banks | 3:45 PM | |







The kids are almost out of school, the weather is heating up, summer is right around the corner! Don’t let the sun and pool time distract you from your love of blogging! Who needs outdoor time? Let’s read, let’s blog, let’s talk about books.

This challenge is to help you overcome the summertime slump, give you easy topics to blog about and discuss. A chance to meet new bloggers and interact with them about similar subjects and get exposure for your blog.

I hope you’ll join parajunkee.com on this fun challenge. It’s not meant to be stressful, it’s meant to be fun. Change it up, or stick to the game plan. You can start at any time, end at any time, this is made to help you.

Here's Week One's Link Up Post & Prompts. 


  • Summer Goals
    • Summer goals for your blogs, what you plan to do, what you plan to accomplish and how you plan on doing this.
  • Summer Reading List
    • The books you plan to read this summer.
  • A Great Summer Vacation
    • A great summer vacation, one you’ve gone on, one you would like to go on, or a fictional perfect vacay.



Doing Week 1 all in one post because 1.) I fail at planning, 2.) My answers are really short, 3.) I'm sure people will be tired of hearing my yap everyday.

Summer Goals:


Since I've recently come back from a long hiatus, my goals are basic Blogging 101.


  1.  Keep posting.
  2. Stay ahead and schedule posts. I've been able to do this for a week now and it's such a relief. I'm not made for last minute procrastination stress. 
  3. Improve my blog and promoting it. There's a couple things around here I still need to do, like update my review index and figuring out how to better use social media for marketing. 
  4. Find my style, my grove, and refine my writing.
    1. For this, I’m always looking for blogging and writing tips from others. But it’ll never happen without practice, practice, practice.
  5.  Don’t stress. When it stops being fun no matter the reason, it's okay to step back.
  6. Don’t sign up for too much shit & overwhelm myself.
    1. Yes, it all sounds amazing and I want to be a part of it all BUT I MUST know my limitations. Accept them. Embrace them. Be picky. Don’t feel bad. No shame.
  7.  Being more active in the community.
    1. I’ve been slowly working on this. I comment back and comment with prompts. I LOVE prompts. I have anxiety and go blank when put on the spot. Leaving platitudes, even when true, just feels fake when I do it. And small talk is the bane of my existence.

      Twitter is easier, but like most of my social media feeds, it's a lot of reposts. But I’ve jumped in conversations, participated in Twitter chats and made some book trades. From here, I just need to keep edging forward. 2 steps forward, 1 step back is still 1 step closer than yesterday.
  8. Be me unapologetically. 
    1. Essentially, the same as #5 but it ensures I don't keep my scaredy cat, people-pleasing ways and let my true self out, even if it's only online.

My Summer Reading List:


I can’t do scheduled reading as in “read this book, then this book, etc.” I don’t know how other bloggers stick to it. I can do loose ones like “need to read before this date” as long as I don’t pile it on. I read so many different genres and my mood is affected by what I last read. Which means my reading lists are rarely more proscriptive than my unwieldy TBR.

The Diverse: Overall

From the blogs and accounts I follow to the books I request, this is pervasive. I could do better and I plan on doing so.

 I've read Outrun the Moon (review to come!),  If I was Your Girl just delivered and I bought e-copies of Liar, Zoo City, Killer of Enemies, Minion by L.A. Banks, Huntress, Everyday, Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List and Everything Everything.


The Requested: 1st Priority

I’ve started requesting books from NetGalley, Edelweiss, and blog tour companies. So far so good! I’ve got my NetGalley up to 71% and with two books on my shelf now. I’m hoping that’ll increase after reviewing those two.


The Neglected: Poor Dears

Books currently looking sad on my shelf: The Girl in the Clockwork Collar, Rot and Ruin, Recalled, Rootless, Starters, The Pledge, Middle Ground, Shades of Earth, Ashen Winter, Shadows, Because it is my Blood, The Mirror Shard, Altared, Absolute Brightness, and The Elite.

but let's not get started on my e-copies...

Summer Vacation:


Since I’m boring, it’s simply having days off for inside reading in the dark. Unless it’s raining, then all the windows and doors are open. Gods, I fucking love the rain. I live the wrong state, especially given how much I hate the heat.

I hate summer in general, At least in MI, we could have bonfire cookouts. Here, even if we have the ability (I don’t), it’s too damn hot. I wish I could go somewhere cool and rainy and just read a library. My little one could go to her dream summer camp, make all the friends and have all the fun and I could have some peace. ***wistful sigh***



6 comments:

  1. I constantly feel like I'm trying to find my groove. One day it will be found. Queen of signing up for too much shit right here. I've slowed down on that though. Thank goodness. I hope you kick ass with all your summer goals. And you would love it in TX right about now. It's been raining for WEEKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to know I'm not alone there.

      And I've heard about TX. I working in a call center dispatching service techs for a company nationwide. So many people and places found out their roof is leaking the hard way.

      Delete
  2. I hope you manage to do all your summer goals! I feel like during the summer since school is finished (at least for me) it's so much easier to find time to blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, that's a good point about school. I just know with my kid out of school it's a whole nother story. XD

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a fun way to enjoy blogging over the summer! I hope that you have success with all of these amazing goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to shear a life changing story with everyone who cares to read this testimony. Blank atm cards are real and are effective all over the world. my name is [JAMES DEO] i live in SPAIN . I got this card from [MR OSCAR ] a month ago. this card has really help me pay my debits and now i am free from all financial problems. I no this is hard to believe , but i never new there was this kind of card until i got one. This card withdraw more than €6000 daily and it is very easy to use. But you have to be very careful in other not to be caught by the police because it is illegal. If you want more information on this card and how to get one just contact the hackers by this address (oscarwhitehackersworld@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...