Feature & Follow Meme: I'm Featured This Week + Favorite Character Archetype

Brooke Banks | 1:31 PM | |


Feature & Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. This week's prompt is....
What is your favorite character archetype(s)?


I spent waaaaaay too much time looking into archetypes for this post. There's plenty I enjoy, but one surprised me in it's frequency and realizing some of my favorite characters ever fit it.

Knight in Sour Armour


Here's a few in general I really enjoy:


  • Shrek
  • Han Solo
  • Bowen In Dragonheart
  • Eddie Valiant in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
  • Snape
  • Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, and Tyrion Lannister in A Song of Fire and Ice series.


Sam Vines, Granny Weatherwax, and Death in Terry Pratchett's Discworld are three I didn't immediately peg as Knights in Sour Armour though that seems really silly in hindsight. Click to pictures to find out more but beware spoilers if you have read Pratchett's amazing work.


RIP Terry. Art by Sandra on DeviantArt

My second favorite character ever: Fitz Farseer in Robbin Hobb's Elderling Realm series.

The book that starts it all...

He's a bastard. He wants to do the right thing but fucks up most of the time. He fights for his country and people. He retreats from the world because it's too much, too bad to deal with. But they keep pulling him back in...


I'm honored to be the featured follow this week. Feel free to follow any way you want. Twitter seems to be my most popular, but I'd love to have more email and Bloglovin subscribers :D



4 comments:

  1. XD Sherk's movie are fun but I don't really like him very much; also with Snape, I'm huge fan of HP, and I cry when I remember Snape's story but he's not my favorite type of guy.

    Congrats for been the feature this week! I'm following you via bloglovin'

    Giova @ Corazones Literarios

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Love Han Solo and Snape! For ASoFaI, my fave is Arya. New follower here.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not familiar with Robin Hobb's Assassins's Apprentice series but great list! Han Solo, Jon Snow, Shrek, Snape, Daenerys and Tyrion definitely would make my list but I didn't think about them while making my list, I was thinking about the characters from my current favourite series.
    Old Bloglovin' follower.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the reluctant hero! I've never heard "hero in sour armor" before. That's PERFECT! I don't know if you've ever read the Harry Dresden series by Jim Butcher, Harry is a good example. Buffy, of course, is a terrific female example--she does what has to be done, but deep down, she just wants to be normal.

    This is fun!
    Heather
    Bloodthirsty Muses

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...