My 1st ARC August: My Book Piles & Goals

Brooke Banks | 12:00 AM | |


I've decided to join ARC August from Read.Sleep.Repeat.! This will be my first year joining and I'm really excited. I've got a couple lists of ARCs but some I have months to get to and some are waaaay past due. I'm going to try to hit as many as possible with focusing on one's about to be published (5) and one's I really missed the deadline on (4).

Honestly, with my reading habit, I'm not all that worried about the amount of books. The hardest part will be writing and posting the reviews in the same month. I take an extremely long time from drafts to publishing. All my reviews for July? From May and June.

Oy. But I'm going to keep this as fun as possible without being too hard on myself and ruining all the things.

Wish me luck! Now time to check my ARC stacks...





Hardcopies:


In my defense, I received these after the pub date except the bottom two.


 From Netgalley:





From Penguin's First To Read program:





Whew! That's a lot. But like I said, several have many more months before publishing and I'd prefer to hit close to that date. Of course, earlier would be better than later. So we'll see how it goes. My reading tastes are eclectic and depend a lot on my mood so I like have a giant stack to pick through. Way less pressure for me personally. You can only do what you can do, and sometimes it's not the right book for the time.

I'll see ya'll at the first check in. :D

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is a lot of books! Good luck with this challenge. I wanted to do this one but I have to many things going on in August...one of them being going back to College! Have fun!

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, that's understandable, gotta have those priorities straight.

      As a working mom, I have the opposite: more time because my daughter goes back to school in 10 days XD

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...