#ReadThemAllThon TBR List: I Will Be The Very Best

Brooke Banks | 4:22 PM |




Created by Aentee @ Read At Midnight: Sign Up Post, which goes into the maths part that I haven't included + her TBR Post




Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo. I make 0 monetary profit from my blog, please don’t sue me!


What Is It?

The Pokemon Indigo League #ReadThemAllThon is a 3 weeks long reading challenge based on the Kanto’s Indigo League. Long-time fans of the series would recognise this as the first set of gyms Ash Ketchum had to conquer in his quest to become the Pokemon Master. Now you, my friends, will also embark on a journey to become the very best. Instead of fighting gym battles, you’ll be reading books instead!

When Is It?

The read-a-thon will run for 3 weeks between Sunday 14th August to Sunday 4th September.
You can sign up anytime between now and the end of the read-a-thon.

How Do I Join?


Create a sign-up post on your own blog/booktube/booklr/etc with the books you will read for the challenge below and title it #ReadThemAllThon TBR or something similar. Then add your link to the link widget below. Please add a link back to this post!

The Challenge/Gyms


There are 8 reading challenges within this read-a-thon, based on the 8 gyms that are in the Indigo League. Earn a badge every time you complete a book!


My Pokemon:


I've always loved Pickachu. I played Pokemon Yellow, had him follow me around plus all three starters. BEST original Pokemon game. And NO ONE will convince me otherwise.

Well, pick a two-evolutioner would short change me on points and honestly...I never evolved Pickachu in the beginning. I couldn't decided when, okay?

Since I'm terrible at picking starters and LOVE dragons, I'm going with Dratini. I refused to pass the Safari Zone til I had one.

So, I'm starting with + 10 CP. The one thing I'm worried about with this challenge is keeping track of the math and social shares. Oh. my. gods.

You don't need to do the points but come on, I MUST BE THE VERY BEST DAMN IT!




The Badges & Books:


Since I'm participating in ARC August as well, most of these will count for both. But I will be adding in a few towards the end to earn all the badges. Probably. We'll see how I do...





Starters (Starters #1) by Lissa Price (Also ARC August)

352 pages = 35 CP


Absolute Brightness by James Lecesne (Also ARC August)

I thought this would be harder pick since I rarely cry, but holy shit. This one was just perfect and has been waiting for me.

474 pages = 47 CP


Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake (Also ARC August)

I only heard about this book because of the hype. While it seems to be a love it or hate it, it still counts for me. It road the hype train and now some are trampling on it, but it'd never cross my path without it.

416 pages = 41 CP


Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley (Also ARC August)

250 pgs = 25 CP


This is a hard one because none of my books are straight romance and how do I know if it's epic without reading it? I'll have to pull out Of Fear and Faith by N.D. Jones from my finish copies pile and read it in the beginning of September.

288 pages = 28 CP


Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies by Lindsay Ribar (Also ARC August)

366 pages = 36 CP


The Gentleman by Forrest Leo (Also ARC August)

304 pages = 30 CP


Rootless by Chris Howard (Also ARC August)

This one might have to go under the red cover and pick another dystopian. I haven't decided. I do have Resist sitting on my shelf...

326 pgs = 32 CP

Points


Total CP from books = 274 CP. If I finish them all.

Completing the badges earns + 20 CP = 160 CP

That's 434 CP!

Evolving bonus at 150 points and 400 points earns +50 CP.

So if I do it all right I'll have 534 CP before points from sharing and review. Which I have every intention of doing.


SO....see ya soon. I've got to #ReadThemAllThon.




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...