#ARCAugust and #ReadThemAllThon Completion Post

Brooke Banks | 12:00 AM | | |

For August, I joined in #ARCAugst and #ReadThemAllThon.

(The sign ups are here and here respectively.)

Now, let's see how I did!





For #ARCAugust, it's very simple: read as many ARCs in a month as you can. I put up some pictures of my piles but I picked by whim and had more waiting for me. So the targets don't mean much besides the number of books.

For Penguin's First to Read program:


Target: Thieving Weasels by Billy Taylor, Spontaneous by Aaron Starmer, and The Gentleman by Forrest Leo

Actual:
  1. Thieving Weasels by Billy Taylor,
  2. Spontaneous by Aaron Starmer,
  3. The Gentleman by Forrest Leo
  4. First Comes Love

These reviews I haven't finished and submitted yet.

For NetGalley:


Target:
The Crepes of Wrath by Sarah Fox,
The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti,
Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult

Actual:
  1. The Crepes of Wrath by Sarah Fox
  2. Death Among the Doilies by  Mollie Cox Bryan 
  3. How to Make Out by Brianna Shrum
  4. Wake the Hollow by Gaby Triana


I skipped the last two in my goal in favor of copies I was approved for after my sign up post that had less time til publication.

I submitted all reviews to NetGalley except How to Make Out, Death Among the Doilies posts here on the 5th, and Wake the Hollow will be published on September 10th.

For Edelweiss:


Target: N/A

Actual:
  1. The Bookshop on the Corner. Review to come.

Hardcopies:


Target:


Actual:
  1. Absolute Brightness,
  2. Starters, 
  3. Rootless,
  4. Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies;
  5. Highly Illogical Behavior
  6. Three Dark Crowns,
  7. The Dollhouse,
  8. The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You,
  9. Bounty


5 reviews posted, others still forthcoming.


Which brings my total to:

18 ARCs read and 8 reviewed in various places.

I'll call that a win.

#ReadThemAllThon is a bit more complicated...



My Pokemon:


Badges & Books:

Pewter City – Boulder Badge: Read the first book in a series
Starters (Starters #1) by Lissa Price (Also ARC August)
352 pages = 35 CP

Cerulean City – Cascade Badge: Read a book that might make you cry

Absolute Brightness by James Lecesne (Also ARC August).
474 pages = 47 CP

Vermillion City – Thunder Badge: Read a book with thunderous hype

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake (Also ARC August)
416 pages = 41 CP

Celadon City – Rainbow Badge: Read a book featuring diversity
Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley (Also ARC August)
250 pgs = 25 CP

Fuschia City – Soul Badge: Read a book with an epic romance
Of Fear and Faith by N.D. Jones from my finish copies piles
288 pages = 28 CP

Saffron City – Marsh Badge: Read a book with fantasy or supernatural elements
Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies by Lindsay Ribar (Also ARC August)
366 pages = 36 CP

Cinnabar Island – Flame Badge: Read a book with a red cover

The Gentleman by Forrest Leo (Also ARC August)
304 pages = 30 CP

Viridian City – Earth Badge: Read a book with post-apocalyptic settings
Rootless by Chris Howard (Also ARC August)
326 pgs = 32 CP

Total CP from books = 274 CP.


And I finished them ALL!



Completing the badges earns + 20 CP = 160 CP

Evolving bonus at 150 points and 400 points earns +50 CP for another 100 CP.

I reviewed Absolute Brightness and Highly Illogical Behavior for another 20 CP each.

The books finished from #ARCAugust for bonus points are:

  • Spontaneous - 368 pgs = 36CP
  • Thieving Weasels - 320 pg = 32CP
  • Death Among the Doilies - 320pg = 32CP
  • Wake the Hollow - 304 pgs = 30CP
  • How to Make Out - 284 pgs = 28CP
  • The Bookshop on the Corner - 368 pgs = 36CP


I earned 194 CP from additional books read. Which means, if I did the math right, I earned 738 CP!


Let's do this!



Did you join any challenges for August? How'd you do? Any other challenges you're partaking? 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...