Michael Phillip Cash
Ghost, Paranormal, Vegas, Comedy
Date Published: July 15, 2015
Publisher: Chelshire, INC.
Sometimes life, as well as death, is about second chances. Luckless Telly Martin doesn't have a clue. An awful gambler trying to scrape by as a professional poker player, he becomes the protégé of world famous poker champion Clutch Henderson. The only catch…Clutch is a ghost. Telly and Clutch must navigate the seedy gambling underbelly of Las Vegas learning to trust each other in order to win the elusive International Series of Poker, repair their shattered personal relationships and find redemption in this life and the hereafter.
About The Author:
Michael Phillip Cash is an award-winning and best-selling novelist of horror, paranormal, and science fiction novels. He's written ten books including the best-selling “Brood X”, “Stillwell”, “The Flip”, “The After House”, “The Hanging Tree”, “Witches Protection Program”, “Pokergeist”, "Monsterland", "The History Major", and “Battle for Darracia” series. Michael’s books are on the Amazon best-seller list and have also won numerous awards. Additionally, he is a screenwriter with 14 specs under his belt. Michael resides on the North Shore of Long Island.
- Do you play poker? Are you good at it?
- I’ve been playing poker for 20+ years. Yes, I’ve won many tournaments, but not a big one. Maybe one day.
- What kind of research did you do for Pokergeist?
- Since I’ve been playing poker for 20+ years, the characters in the book were all people I’ve encountered at the tables in my lifetime.
- Do you have a favorite poker player?
- Clutch Henderson.
- What is your favorite part of the book?
- I loved when Telly and Clutch realize they can cheat. Who wouldn’t want a ghost that will tell you what the other player’s cards are.
- Are your characters based off real people or did they all come entirely from your imagination?
- All real people. Every single character.
- If you could spend time a character from your book whom would it be? And what would you do during that day?
- Clutch, no questions asked. I would play poker and he would tell me what everyone was holding!
- What was the hardest part writing this novel? The easiest?
- I really never have a hard time writing a novel. Since I always start writing the screenplay first, I know where my characters are going and what each of their arcs are.
- Superpower of choice?
- Teleportation. I’d be in Vegas in 2 seconds..
- Dragons or unicorns?
- Dragons, always.
- Last song you listened to:
- ‘The Face’ by Clutch
- Last book read:
- ‘Avatar’ the screenplay by James Cameron
- Favorite social media site:
- One thing on your bucket list:
- Win a World Series of Poker tournament and get a Gold Bracelet.