Some News, Something New, & A Review: The First Broke Home Reviews

Brooke Banks | 12:00 AM | | |


I have news!


Since I started reviewing books and blogging about it, I’ve started reviewing every product I use in my head. It’s become an automatic habit for me. Often it rattles around up there until I write it down, even if I never post it.

I’ve seen other blogs branch out a bit or bring some randomness in and because I’m already doing the hard part, I figured I’d try reviewing other things as well.

Plus, hey if you’re willing to do the work, you can try out different products for free or at a discount, which makes a huge difference living pay check to pay check.

SO! I’ve signed up for a Tomoson, one such website to apply to get products for reviewing purposes. I’ll still be my same honest fucking self and you’re free to skip over these posts. They’ll be readily marked in the title, no click bait or shit here.

I don’t expect this to happen often or change the focus of The Broke Book Bank whatsoever. But it might be fun and maybe it’ll interest people more than straight book reviews since I’m terrible at getting other content out there. (I swear I have pages of ideas and drafts but discussions and stuff terrify me and others are so much better at it.)

Anyways, here’s the first product I’ve received:

InstaNatural Eyelash Enhance Serum


Our Eyelash Enhancing Serum is a powerful formula that gives ordinary-looking lashes a more luxurious appearance. This advanced blend uses clinically-proven ingredients to visibly lengthen and thicken lashes.

Created with SymPeptide® XLash, a powerful peptide that promotes healthy and longer looking eyelashes
Strengthens lashes to maintain lash health, keeping lashes looking fuller for longer\
May be used on eyebrows, to encourage thicker and fuller looking brows for more defined facial contours
Clinically proven ingredients work in 30 days when applied twice a day

Directions:
Apply the serum along the base of cleansed lashes, dabbing away excess serum. Allow to dry before applying makeup. For best results, use twice daily. May also be applied on eyebrows



I’ve been using this for 10 days now twice a day as directed. Since it says 30 days for results, it’s unsurprising I haven’t seen any yet. I will be continuing it to use it.

  • +Doesn’t irritate my sensitive eyes
  • +Goes on smooth & clear. No one can see it on while wearing no makeup.
  • +Doesn’t feel heavy or gunk up eyelashes
  • +Dries quickly
  • +Only takes a minute to apply


I’m so excited to see it in 3 weeks. I have dinky eyelashes and hooded eyes, so I really need all the help I can get here. I've dreamed of long lashes my whole life. I want it to work. I think it’ll work. It has everything else going for it…

*crosses fingers*

However, buying it straight up is almost $30 bucks. If you’re into beauty and want to treat yo self, you can do worse, I think. But this is the first eyelash enhancer I’ve tried because holy fucking shit ya’ll, it’s expensive! And honestly, I never would've tried this blind without this opportunity.

I’ll be back in a bit to tell the results with a Yay or Nay if it's worth it to save up the money for this eyelash enhancer.

Note: I received a coupon for this product for agreeing to give honest feedback. And if you're wondering why I'm posting this now: InstaNatural wanted a review in 2 weeks and that includes the time to get here. So this is the last day for me to make the deadline for it actually.

4 comments:

  1. I actually welcome your idea for reviewing other products too.
    Naturally, I will skip those I find no interest in (or I know there's no way for me to get it in my country), but you're right: maybe new readers will discover your blog.
    And I know what you mean, I often catch myself in reviewing other products too, especially food (I'm not even sure where's that urge to describe how somethig taste comes from).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thank you so much :D

      (and oh boy, I am terrible at describing taste, I'm no foodie that's for sure, though I do love to eat lol)

      Delete
  2. I totally get you because just the other day I took some photos of these different cookies/snack things I buy thinking I might review them on my blog. I didn't get them for review or anything, but I thought it might be a good idea for a post for something non-bookish. And you're right, we already have blogs and we already review books, so why not review some other things too? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally review those cookies! Everyone loves cookies and eats them so again, why not? :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...