Biker's Librarian by Shyla Colt
Date Published: Re-Releasing March 2nd
Publisher: Hot ink Press
Recovered from an abusive relationship, Juliette Moore is ready to live life on her own terms. Successful, intelligent, and slightly timid, she makes a pact with her best friends to seize the day. She gets more than she bargained in the tall, dark, and dangerous biker Shooter.
Drawn to her purity and charm, Shooter, finds himself smitten before he knows what’s happening. With his claim firmly placed, he’s ready to go to war when she’s threatened by a madman from her past. Together they weather life’s storms and find common ground as they merge their two very different worlds.
Content Warning: Relationship Abuse, Stalking, Harassment, Sex Trafficking,
- Adore Juliette and her crew.
- Juliette's struggles with overcoming her abusive relationship was well-done
- Shooter is alright. Not normally my type, but a good character, no fault with his actions, and seems to be the good kind of alpha male.
- Never read a biker MC book before and I'm impressed. The more unsavory elements are kept to a minimum and Juliette's handling of it helped me loosen up too.
- Very sexy scenes
- Love that they both go to therapy!
- Suspenseful, enough that it felt like romantic suspense. I thought it was just going to be contemporary romance.
- I did eye-roll a tiny bit with how quickly they become each other's everything and the mushy talk and *bam* Juliette's his old lady. But it's to be expected and not insurmountable for the more cynical of us.
- If a big part of being an old lady is wearing the dude's cut, then I damn well want a scene with her wearing his cut!!
- The obligatory motorcycle scene is included though.
- I think there was a good balance of romance, friends & family, & drama.
- Except I do wish there were more details on how Ex was taken care of. Did the MC have nothing to do with it and just talk big? Did Juliette have to testify?
- I totally want to read about their friends hooking up! And will be checking out her backlist too.
Related Social Justice Reading:
- Little Known Black Librarian Facts
- Carla Hayden Becomes 1st Black Librarian of Congress
- WE NEED MORE BLACK LIBRARIANS
- First-Wave Feminist Struggles in Black Motorcycle Clubs
- SOUL ON BIKES & BLACK CHROME | THE HISTORY OF BLACK AMERICA’S MOTORCYCLE CULTURE
About the Author:
Shyla Colt is the sassy international bestseller of the popular series Kings of Chaos and Dueling Devils M.C. This genre-hoppers stories feature three of her favorite things: strong females, pop culture, and alternate routes to happy ever after. Listening to her Romani soul, she pens from the heart, allowing the dynamic characters, eccentric interests, and travels as a former flight attendant to take her down untraveled roads.
Born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio, this mid-west girl is proud of her roots. She used her hometown and the surrounding areas as a backdrop for a number of books. So, if you’re a Buckeye, keep an eye out for familiar places.
As a full-time writer, stay at home mother, and wife, there's never a dull moment in her household.
She weaves her tales in spare moments and the evenings with a cup of coffee or tea at her side and the characters in her head for company.
You can interact with Shyla Colt online via her website
$25 Amazon GC
Follow the tour!